Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Just How Screwed Up Is Your Family: Maurice Broaddus


As always, go here if you’re just joining us, and scroll down to The Beginning of A Nightmare. Then, read and enjoy.

I’m just getting over another bout with Strep Throat. It was a boozy and did its best to knock me out for several days. Luckily the doc shot me up with penicillin and I’m feeling much better. So, with no further ado, I have my first guess post.

This one is from Maurice Broaddus. You may remember him from his thoughtful post about me. And of course, I returned the favor with this bit about him. Well, it seems that great minds…originate from screw balls. His family is delightful…and this is just a taste. This is what he had to say:

me, jon, and another friend are watching tv downstairs. we think my brother is upstairs watching tv. turns out, a girl dumped him and he was drowning his sorrows in alcohol. it also turns out that he underestimated how much he was drinking. he was fresh out the marines and apparently the three empty fifths on the floor were just casualties of war.
anyway, he picks then to have an alcohol fueled flash back to his time in desert storm. me, jon, and our friend run upstairs to see what's wrong. he's raging like mad, tossing furniture around yelling "hector!" (a buddy of his from desert storm).
we vainly try to restrain him.did i mention that he slept nude?picture three guys dangling from one marine trained, naked, black guy.
and then the paramedics show up. we were so proud.


Ah, family. Gotta love ‘em. Even when they’re sad, drunk, naked, and on top of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chesya!

My family's not too bad. We just pretend it's all fine and avoid each other. Nah, they're a pretty sweet bunch if you keep your fingers away from their mouths. You know, "when the chips are down" and all that, they're there.

No law suits. Just a lot of baloney.

Good to see you, lady. Good luck with the kin.

Best Always,
Fran

Maurice Broaddus said...

i keep telling you, we're like the klumps. with accents.

Maurice Broaddus said...

sometime i'll have to tell you about the not one, not two, but three times our family has been kicked out of restaurants.

Chesya said...

Too funny, Mo. I can honestly say that we've NEVER been kicked out of anything. We keep our problems where they belong--inside.